Drone Pilots wanting to conduct drone operations with a drone weighing more than 250 grams in ‘Congested Areas’ require a General VLOS Certificate (GVC), a formal pilot competency assessment.
With a GVC you can then apply to the CAA for an Operational Authorisation as an Operator. The CAA terms ‘Congested Areas’ as the Specific Airspace Category.
The GVC is valid for a period of 5 years whereas any CAA Operational Authorisation is valid for only 12 months (1 year).
BSA conducts the in-class theory and practical flight assessment for the GVC.
What to expect during the course?
• A full understanding of the CAA’s approach to and requirements of drone operations in ‘Congested Areas’
• Assistance with compiling a compliant Operations Manual for presentation to the CAA
• Practical insights into good Risk Assessment and drone operations
• Preparation for the specific applications listed in the Operations Manual
Pre Entry Requirements
• Drone & Model Aircraft Registration & Education Service Flyer ID / operator ID – as appropriate
• A Drone
• Drone Insurance
• A laptop or tablet
• If under 18 years old, accompanied by an adult